Is Running In My Blood???

>> Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tonight was the Kota Kemuning Pacers' regular night run by the lake. Nowadays, the turnout seem pretty good. Guess more people are aware of our presence thru the word of mouth. I used to be the only teenager when they started. Now we have a group of about 10 teenagers!

As usual, after the night run, some of us will head to the 'mamak shop' for our late dinner cum supper. Uncle Steven and family, Uncle Fun, May Chieh Chieh and my family. This time Auntie Grace and family had gone for dinner earlier. Over dinner, we bumped into another Uncle Steven. This one's Uncle Steven Kwan, a former Malaysian National squash player. He chatted quite a fair bit with us about his own 2 kids making to the National Junior Squash Team, also Nicole David and Ong Beng Hee who have made their millions in squash. It's a huge commitment and risk.

Parents will be parents! "Our kids must be obedient and have the interest before it can happen. Look at our kids!" sighhh ... :-<

I must admit I'm not the most obedient kid but I tried and I'm still trying, OK? Somehow, I guess my tries are just not good enough. Not in my Dad's eye though. Like I once complained to Mom before "Once wrong forever wrong, no more chances!" Yeah I lacked determination but c'mon! I'm only 18! Still immature and still impressionable! I'm a late bloomer!

Anyway, must we kids share our parents' passion or interest in order to be considered obedient kids? Can we not find our own interest or passion? Yeah, Dad's so passionate about running coz he's good at it. I run but I'm not good. Does that make me less of an obedient kid? Less determine but no less of an obedient child who do not mind allocating his time for their regular Wednesday night runs. I am a good swimmer but Dad's less of a swimmer, what does this make him then? :-?





Food for thought, "Is running in my blood?" Scientifically thinking, I'm made up of two halfs of 2 separate individuals, one that's athletic and the other that's brainy! Do I have sufficient athletic genes in me to reach Dad's standard?

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My Guezz

free counter

My Frenz

We Are Family

My Home-Zweet-Home

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP